I thought it was an optics play, too, but I have another idea now. This is my speculation, so you can do with it what you will. I offer it as a theory to explain several seemingly isolated events. If you want to call it a conspiracy theory, that's okay; I guess it is.
Pelosi is genuinely afraid that Americans know the election was stolen and will rebel against her radical agenda to seal the result. The next rebellion, she fears, will make January 6 look like a, well, march in the park.
This says it:
Remember: there are troops around the Capitol. So is this martial law? Also: the FBI is going after anyone involved in entering the Capitol on January 6, even using military tactics, armored vehicles, automatic rifles and a no-knock raid to arrest a man who attended the January 6th DC protest march. The FBI went after Trump for five years, refused to consider Biden family corruption, looked the other way at election fraud, and is now going after Trump supporters.
Behind that protection, here's Nancy's plan.
1. The Covid "relief" bill is pure pork thrown at everyone in Washington: the bureaucrats, the intelligence agencies, the military. That should keep everyone quiet.
2. The "For the People Act." Don't you love the title? it will formalize in law the fraud and corruption in the most recent election and make it impossible for Democrats to ever lose again.
3. New voters!
4. New senators!
5. New Supreme Court justices!
6. New Congressional districts!
7. A big promotion for Nancy! Everyone knows Uncle Joe has one foot out of the door already. Then something would have to be done about Kamala. Or maybe not.
Several months before the election, Douglas MacKinnon wrote an aritcle for The Hill entitled: "President Nancy Pelosi? Don't underestimate what she might do in office." In it he speculated:
She knows every rule and trick in the book. That means President Pelosi would know that she’d need to act fast to get anything done in the White House. She would have convened her senior leadership and most trusted advisers to come up with a one-day plan, a one-week plan and a one-month plan for her “presidency.”
Perhaps she's already acting president. Wonder if Barack agrees.