Goya Foods, the largest Hispanic-owned food company in the United States, is being boycotted by The Left because its chairman, Robert Unanue, described Americans as “truly blessed” to have President Trump’s leadership. And he’s not backing down.
I encurage you to buy a Goya product every time you go to the store. They have a lot more than beans.
Biut it’s the beans that may save you. Here’s why:
- People who consume beans regularly may be less likely to die of a heart attack or other cardiovascular problem.
- Some studies have shown that beans act as antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents. These effects could reduce the risk of cancer.
- Beans may help stabilize blood glucose levels or even prevent diabetes. Beans are high in fiber, which can help lower blood glucose.
- When a person eats beans, the fiber and healthful starches they contain can help create a feeling of fullness and satisfaction, curbing appetite.
- Research has shown a variety of beans, especially black beans, enhance gut health by improving intestinal barrier function and increasing the number of beneficial bacteria. This may help prevent gut-associated diseases.
- Healthful gut bacteria also support immune system function and may promote weight loss. Beans feed the healthful gut bacteria colonies.
Here’s another reason to boycott Goya.”
Goya Gives” is a program to support various charities, scholarships, and events, and includes donations of products to food shelters and food banks during times of crisis, such as Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico. In March and April 2020, in response to the Coronavirus pandemic, Goya donated over 300,000 pounds of food, or about 270,000 meals, to food banks and other organizations in the United States, and also donated more than 20,000 protective masks.
Try this: Next time there’s a food drive at your church or in your community, buy Goya.