We’ve heard repeatedly over the years that technology will throw many, if not most, of us out of work.
What’s actually happening is that, as our economy became super-productive, we began inventing things for people to do. For money.
Look at the scientists as an example. Presumably the following are being paid, and likely by taxpayers.
- Caged monkey brain horror as US federal government ‘spend $100m on experiments
- ‘Study reveals link between income inequality and French kissing
- Scientists Have Created Bionic Jellyfish And Successfully Controlled Their Movements
- Methane emitted by humans vastly underestimated, researchers find
- Scientists finally figure out how millipedes actually do it
- More Than 1,500 Bee Dance Moves Decoded by Scientists
Daddy, what do you do for a living? Honey, I decode bee dance moves. Daddy, I want to be like you when I grow up.